Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Corsetry part 3: The Photoshoot


A heck of a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this corset. Literally and figuratively. It took a long time to finish it. Many hours patternmaking, sewing up muslins, seam ripping, fitting, and repeating were necessary for my first corset. In theory corsets are simple because it is a lot straight stitching for the boning, but in reality, fitting a corset to a curvy body to make it supportive, sexy, and pretty all at the same time is a tall order. One of the people at the school describe cosetry as part sewing and party blacksmithing. I agree. So I decided I totally earned a professional photoshoot for this labor of love (oh and I finished finally sewing the binding on Valentine's Day). I made some accessories to go with the corset; a mini top hat and red skirt with a black tulle overskirt. Then I enlisted the help of Christina to make my vision of the transformation of the librarian who "lets her hair down"and becomes a vixen. Christina was my make up artist as well as the photographer. She's awesome!!! Another big thank you to sweetpea of King's Books for the gracious use of his perfect bookstore!









Want to see the progression of my corset? Check out this post here

The finished corset post is here

My lovely photographer Christina's post is here

No comments:

Post a Comment